Monday 1 June 2009

"Barry White, saved my life"

SUN! There is SUN! Bugger this, I'm off out...
...
...
...wel, that was awesome, the sun was shining, so I took a walk up the 'Magnificent Mile' and got myself a new phone charger, as mine broke in the motel the other day. I stopped off in various sports shops looking at the prices of replica bears and blackhawks tops and tees and hoodies. I promised myself I'd get a new replica jersey, but now I think I have to re-prioritize. As people have commented from my pictures, it would seem I need new jeans more, and I think I may need another, non black and bright pink hoody! Also, I think I've sourced somewhere I can get the jerseys when I get home and have some disposable income anyways. After that I wandered back, stopped off at subway for my breakfast/lunch it was 2pm) and had a $5 footlong (plus tax) mhmm oven roasted chicken breast, lush! then through Millenium Park, with it's weird amphitheatre/venue and a random super polished stainless steel ball thing, with which I took some pretty cool pictures, and generally just wandered round and enjoyed the weather as I headed to Soldier Field, home of the Bears, the one place I've wanted to see for like 15 years, the one main thing I wanted to do when I finally reached Chicago all those years ago. The bugger's don't do public tours unles for a group and booked by phone in advance! how totally unfair is that? they're missing a massive trick here, the money generated, the interest in the franchise, the not dissapointing me after 15 years. I felt gutted. So I wandered round what I could and took pictures to the 4th album of the day on my mp3 (two by vertical horizon, then half of the Presidents of the USA and half of somthing corporate (so that only counts as 1) then AFI - Live, I Heard a Voice, and finally Fun Lovin Criminals, 100% Columbian.) I eventually headed back to the hostel, and found out they don't do tours of the United Center either. So that's that idea buggered too. Ahh well, was still a great day, and lovel weather, and now I'm in the TV room watching game 2 of the Red Wings, who are sadly winning this game too :( but it's good entertainment! :) Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment