Thursday 4 June 2009

D'n'B and Museums

So today, for my last full day in Chicago, I headed on down to the Museum of Science and Industry. It was a bout a 20 min bus ride from the nearest bus stop, it was a good ride. Now, ladies and gentlemen, we are about to enter the Arron Museum technique zone...a I walked in and grabbed a map I could tell this was going to be a massive mueseum and would take a fair few hours of my time up! So...on went the mp3 for some serious museumage. The place had everything, a meagre collection of cars through the ages, though I'm proud to say they were mostly british (Aston Martin, Two Lolas, a Rolls) then into the ships section, where they had 1:75 and 1:200 scale moselds that were still over a metre long, these things were huge! Mostly British and American once again, one was even made by the guy who built the actual boat the model was of, which was quite crazy. I then headed to the U-505 an actual u-boat captured by the Americans in WWII. Now, as is always the way with these museum places, you could see all the exhibits around the outside, but to go in the sub you needed t pay extra for a ticket, and I'm not going to do that. Cheeky beggars, so I had Powder on the mp3 and wandered around looking and interacting with the exhibits, and taking pictures, (very difficult with the lighting conditions.) Anyways, moving on, there was plenty of stuff to see, many many exhibits, more space stuff, andother big Imax screen, some future stuff, basically, everything you'd expect to find, DNA, engineering and so on, and upstairs, Aeroplanes and trains. and actual 727, with some parts still working (flaps and airbrakes) a Stuka, a Spitfire and some stunt bi-planes, it was all very cool stuff, it was also about this time the mp3 decided it was time for me to hear Pendulum and then the new The Prodigy album, possibly the best museum music ever! I saw everything I wanted to and got out in a shade under 4 hours. I then wandered back through downtown one last time, just because I could and because I like it. Someone, unfortunately however, decided it was about time for it to absolutely chuck it down, so, on came the coat and wet got the jeans! I then went back to lé hostel, to try and sort out accomodation and flights for tomorrow and beyond until I go home. Needless to say the Halifax still hadn't put the money on my credit card account yet, so I decided I'd give them until the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment