Thursday 4 June 2009

Quack Quack!

Today I only had one goal, to go on the Boston Duck tour! Which is a 90 minute tour of Boton from an old WWII amphibious vehicle, sounds a bit over the top right? well, that's because it also goes down the river too. Oh yeah, two for the price of one baby! It was a cool and informative tour, loads of stuff that I'll probably foget or have forgotten, but it was good to know whilst it was still in my head, our driver/pilot/tour guide was called Ace Bandage, ad informed us you needed 4 licences to drive one of the ducks (Actually GMC DUKW 6 axle 2 1/2 tonne all-purpose vehicle - hence duck) truck, bus, hackney and masters, so yes, he was a captain and he could marry any of us at sea if urge took us. ANY of us, as we're in Boston and it's fairly liberal these days ;)
Hehe, it was a pretty cool tour, he told us about the four seasons of Boston, "Nearly winter, Winter, Still Winter and Road Construction." and about a thisrt he saw on a biker dude the other day that read 'if you can read this my wife has fallen off' We were informed this was cleaned up dude to the children on board and the fact that the speakers meant everyone around us could hear from the sidewalk (americanism) too. I really enjoyed the tour, and think it was well worth the $30, and if any of you ever come here, you must do it! I must also give a big thanks to Em for finding the tour for me online, else I'd have probably never know about it. ('I wanna do things out here that I can't do back home.') It's also given me a sight of where I want to go look in the next few days, including the actual bar that Cheers was based on! Offically! hehe :) Anyways, since then I've mostly come back chilled out and written up this little lot! I wonder what tomorrow will bring. In other news, I'm lovin' it, and today I actually got to talk to people for the sake of talking, not just because they wanted to sell me something. I haven't done this since Alana left, I'm not sure I've missed it. I think I can live without talking to people. THis does not bode well for future relationships with people in the world.
Anothe

No comments:

Post a Comment