Thursday 21 May 2009

US and A numero trois

Saturday 16th
We started off the day by retracing our way back along the coast to the places we didn't see in the daylight, Carmel-by-

the-Sea looked lush, very expensive, and they'd banned all neon signs and such to keep the place looking very respectible

and slightly old-fashioned. we then headed back to the Big Sur region taking some nice pics of the Bridge and the

coastline. We then decided if we were ever going to make it to San Francisco we'd need to make a move, and headed on up

the the coast with the Flaming Lips in my head as we went to Santa Cruz. I've one thing to say to you about Santa Cruz on

a lovely hot sunny weekend day. Don't bother. THe place was chock full of traffic, and whilst bits of it looked nice, by

then I was tired, hungry and fed up! we left about 5pm and Alana drove the rest of the way to San Francisco, whilst I

slept.
San Francisco is quite an odd city, in that it's busy, we know it's busy because it's San Francisco, yet, when we got

there there was moderately little traffic and the whole place is very easy to get round, even if the od one system foils

your first attempt to go up a street, you can always take the next one and swing round. We ended up checking into a nice

little motel on Union and Van Ness, having to part with a little more money than we'd hoped as there was a race going on

on sunday and everywhere was booked up! By this point my credit card had all of $100 on it and my pocket $70, which was

handy, as that just about covered the room for two nights.
In the grand sceme of things, I still owe Alana for the car hire, so I'm hoping to pay off as much debt as I can as we

go, sadly, my money situation isn't the best, the money I have is now notably less than my credit card debts, and I'd say

as I write this now on Weds 20th, I really need to spend less than £500 before I go home. Which I think will be

impossible. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment