Thursday 21 May 2009

USA nearly a week!

Tuesday 19th
We decided not to head out for a Canyon Tour, as we needed a relaxing day, nothing was booked, AND we couldn't find free

internet anywhere! We took a wander down the strip, which was cool, then up to the Outlet stores wher yes, we did spend

money, which hasn't helped my money situation any, but in my defense, I wanted everything I bought for me, and presents

are well, presents! (No, you haven't got any, you've not been good enough :P) we then finally found a hotspot in a food

court on the strip and trying to book and sort a place to stay in Kingman. For some unknown reason, neither of our cards

was working with lastminute.com my bank accounts had some missing money as halifax were being slow and dumb, this would

later end up in a not entirely pleasant toned phone to get them to put the money in my account that they'd had for the

last 6 days. I'm so closing all my accounts with them when I get back. It just looks good on credit checks when they ask

how long you've been with your bank to say, 'over 20 years.' Well, loyalty has got me nowhere but wound up, so they can

stick it now. Anyways, back on with the story, we finally got somewhere to stay, and the route to Kingman took us over

the Hoover Dam, which was one of the things we really wanted to do.
As we got to Hoover Dam, ( I was really excited, having seen a program on discoveryHD about it before coming out) we saw

that they were building a new section to the 93, the road that goes over the dam, and to do so are in the prcess of

bulding a massive bridge a little further downstream from the dam. It looks awesome, the whole site does, the Dam with

all it's art deco styling and big brass doors and plaques and oh so much stuff to see, I could've taken photos all night,

but sadly after sunset all pedestrians have to get off the dam, and it was about 15 minutes to sunset and we had a little

walk back to the car, crossing the Arizona state line too. I was very much impressed by the dam, and in awe of the fact

it had been built at all. let alone the fact that it's still a massive hydro electrc plant producing enough power for

well over 1.3million people! (That's American people too) and all this back before colour tv!

No comments:

Post a Comment